Monday, May 31, 2010

One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.

"Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?" - The Joker, "Batman" (1989)

"Man is born crying. When he has cried enough, he dies." - Kyoami, "Ran" (1985)

"I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend." - Red, "The Shawshank Redemption" (1994)

"I met Death today. We are playing chess." - Antonius Block, "The Seventh Seal" (1957)


Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is exhausting for children to have to provide explanations over and over again. -Antoine de saint-exupery "The Little Prince"

Sometimes, I guess there's just not enough rocks. - Forrest Gump, "Forrest Gump" (1994)

The question is not whether I've treated you rudely but whether you've ever heard me treat anyone else better. - Professor Henry Higgins, "My Fair Lady" (1964)

She just goes a little mad sometimes. We all go a little mad sometimes." - Norman Bates, "Psycho" (1960)

"At my signal, unleash Hell." - Maximus, "Gladiator" (2000)


I was of the opinion that the past is past, and like all that is not now it should remain buried along the side of our memories. -Alex "Everything is Illuminated"

That is the hardest thing of all. It is much harder to judge yourself than to judge others. If you succeed in judging yourself, it's because you're truly a wise man.

"I really have nothing to say, but I want to say it all the same." - Guido Anselmi, "8 1/2" (1963)

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father: prepare to die." - Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride" (1987)

"Here I was born, and there I died. It was only a moment for you; you took no notice." - Madeleine Elster, "Vertigo" (1958)

A story like mine should never be told. For my world is as forbidden as it is fragile. Without its mysteries it cannot survive. -Sayuri "Memoirs of a Geisha"

If I ever had to choose between my country and my friend, I hope I would be brave enough to choose my friend.


“The world is a dangerous place to live, not because people do evil, but because people sit by and let them.” -Albert Einstein

But what's real? You can't find the truth, you just pick the lie you like the best. -Marilyn Manson

Whatever our struggles and triumphs, however we may suffer them, all too soon they bleed into a wash, just like watery ink on paper. -Sayuri "Memoirs of a Geisha"

No comments:

Post a Comment